Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blogging about the Katy

Ok, so I admit that I am new to blogging. I think in order to blog about a week long event, it is important to have access to the blog during that time. I did not. So, I am going in after the fact and will hopefully create and informative blog about my week of doing the 2012 DNR Katy Trail Ride. Enjoy!
The one thing I noticed about the riders doing the ride were that they all had their own personal reasons for doing the ride. I met parents riding the trail with their children in order to have a closer relationship with them. For some, it was a personal challenge or goal; to ride the approximate 237 miles of the Katy from one end to the other. For others it was to reconnect with old friends from rides past. Whatever the reasons, I have never met a kinder, welcoming, and respectful bunch of folk.
For me, the reason to ride the Katy was the challenge.  Prior to this ride, I had ridden small sections of the Katy and I wanted to do the whole thing.  I was willing to do an unsupported ride but my wife was leary of me doing the ride alone.  So, I signed up with approximately 300 other people to do the fully supported DNR ride.  Little did I know that 3 other people I knew would be riding as well.

No comments: